If your partner or friend is having a difficult time, or you’re feeling down and need some cheering up, what do you do? You play a drinking game.
Drinking games are fun because they can help to break the ice and they can be a way to relieve tension. Alcohol can also be a great way to get some fun out of your day.
Some people drink to enjoy and relive the experience of drinking. Others drink because they want to get drunk. Either way, drinking games can be a fun way to spend time together with your loved one or friend.
It is undeniable that drinking games are a fun way to have a good time with your friends. They are a great way to unwind and let loose. They are also a great way to celebrate with your loved one or friend. If you need a break from watching Netflix, or your partner is over and you want to get them out of their comfort zone and make their day, then drinking games are the solution.
So if you’re looking for something to have fun with, you should find a different kind of game to play. Here are some Drinking Games with Cards for 2 you could try.
1. Higher or Lower
The Higher or Lower Game is a fun and simple way to get your friends to compete over one thing. You can make it a drinking game by playing with decks of cards.
Remember: Each player will take turns drawing cards.
- Player one will turn over a card and the second player will guess if the next card will be higher or lower than the card of player one.
- If the second player is right, player one loses and drinks. If the second player is wrong, then he/she needs to drink.
2. King’s Cup
King’s Cup is a card-drinking game that is often played during a large game night. It can be played with two, three, or four players. The game is a fast-paced and fun way to take a break from the other games that are being played as a lot of rules are associated with every card on the deck.
This game is a perfect one for 2 people getting to know each other.
What you need:
- A deck of cards
- Alcohol or maybe a Cold drink
Remember: All cards must be faced down and can be touched. In simple terms; chain cards.
- Each player will take turns picking their preferred cards. For a big group, the turns should be clockwise.
- Every card has corresponding actions that necessitate each player.
- Avoid breaking the chain of cards. If you do, the game won’t stop but it necessitates you to chug a drink
- The game only finishes once all the cards are used up.
- Ace or “Waterfall”: Everyone drinks starting with the person who picks the card. In this rule, the one who picked the card can stop drinking whenever he/she pleases before the next person can stop drinking. That goes for everyone and the round should be clockwise.
As you can see here, the last person in the line can end up drunk because he/she basically needs to wait for everyone to stop chugging their drinks.
- Two or “You”: Pick someone to take two drinks.
- Three or “Me”: The person who gets the card takes 2 drinks.
- Four or “Whores”: All ladies must drink.
- Five or “Bust a Jive”: Everyone will create a dance move and if someone screws the routine, he/she drinks.
- Six or “Dicks”: All guys must drink.
- Eight or “Mate”: The one who picks the card will find a drinking buddy; which means every time any of you has to drink, that goes for the other one too.
- Nine or “Rhyme”: Pick a word and the others must rhyme it. The round is clockwise and if someone screws the rhyming, he/she drinks.
- Ten or “Categories”: The one who picks the card will choose a category and the other needs to say things related to that. If none, drink.
- Jack or “Never have I ever”: The loser of this game has to drink.
- Queen or “Question Master”: Ask questions and those who will answer need to drink.
- King or “Pour some into the cup”: Whenever someone picks the card of Kings, a pitcher in the middle will be filled with alcohol. Whoever picks the last King card, he/she has to drink all the total alcohol in the middle.
This game can get your partner or friend drunk in no time. The basic rule of this card game is that all players must take a turn flipping their cards and see if there’s a match. If there’s one match, you, as the matcher, need to take 1 drink. If there’s more than one match, the matcher needs to take a drink that equals the number of the cards.
Remember: Whenever players draw new cards, they must replace their old cards as a courtesy to those who had matching suits already.
4. Two Truths and a Lie
If you’re looking for a new drinking card game, you can’t go wrong with the Two Truths and a Lie. This game is a fun way to spend your time with friends, and it’s easy to learn. With a little creativity, you can make this game even more interesting.
So this game is like the original Two Truths and a Lie game where the player is telling two truths and one lie. Only this time, you need cards and not lies.
- One person starts by getting three cards. Two with the same number, or identical card suits (diamond, spade, heart, and clubs), and then one with different characteristics as opposed to the two matching cards.
- The other person guesses which one is different or the one who doesn’t have a match, if he/she is wrong, then that person drinks.
5. Gin rummy
Gin rummy is a popular card game that involves two players competing to score points by melding certain sets of cards. It is played with a standard 52-card deck of playing cards where the object of the game is to score points by melding sets of cards. It is a challenging game, requiring a lot of skill and strategy. At the same time, it is fun to play with and easy to learn.
- To play Gin rummy, each player should have 10 cards that are hidden from their opponent.
- The excess deck of cards is placed in the middle with the first card facing up.
- The game begins by picking up a card from the middle and then discarding one from your hand.
- You can also turn without picking or discarding anything.
- The game continues like that until a player has 10 in their hands with minimum combos of three cards in the same rank; for example, three aces or three kings, or runs in the same suit like 5,6,7,8,9 of spades.
- After a player has a combo, he/she wins, thus making the other player a loser and needs to drink.
Horserace is a simple card-drinking game that puts no limitation on players. A standard deck of cards is needed to completely set up a horserace.
In this game, the Aces of the deck serve as the horses and the remaining cards will be used to determine the winner of the race.
- To start, each player has to bet what ace will win using the only number of drinks they want to give out.
- After the bets are accounted for, the announcer (other player) needs to flip a card on the top of the deck and if that card signifies an ace in the same suit, the ace will move forward.
- The announcer will keep flipping cards from the top deck until one ace will pass the finish line, thus making the player who bets on it the winner.
Note: Every time a new ace moves forward, the other ace has to move backward as a formal courtesy.
Once the game is finished and the winner is determined, the losers have to drink double the betted number of drinks of the winner; plus, half of their betted number.
This means, that if the winner waged 2 drinks (doubled) and the loser waged 4 drinks (halved), the loser needs to drink a total of 6.
7. Happy Ninja Star
Happy Ninja Star is a card-drinking game perfect for adults. The objectivity of this game is to make your way until the whole deck of cards is finished.
- To start, all the deck of cards is handed by half to each player – assuming there were two.
- Once done, the first player needs to throw the card onto the table ninja style. If the card lands face down, no challenge will happen. But if the card lands face up, then a challenge needs to be made.
- The game happens vice versa. Meaning, the next throw of the other player needs to land face up. If it lands face down, he/she needs to drink half of the card number.
- After that, the card needs to land face down, if face up, a challenge should be made. ‘Half of the number drinks’ will again happen after that. The game will last until the deck of cards has been thrown.
8. Sotally sober
If you want a competitive game where you have to win most of the rounds to be the winner, you can never go wrong with Sotally sober. This game is for two people played by a party card game where challenges and actions are stated.
- To begin, the first player needs to draw a card from the pile and has to perform the action. If he/she didn’t perform it well or at all, that player needs to drink.
- The activity card consists of:
–Orange card: Action or challenge needs to be done.
–Green card: Gives a player special abilities throughout the game.
–Blue card: This is a curse card in which punishment or suffering is done to the player who picks it.
–Yellow card: This is a secret card where only the player who picks it can perform the tricks secretly.
–Red card: Gives a player the ability to affect everyone if he/she needs to perform a task or an action.
- Once all the card is used up, it’s more likely that either one of you is drunk and will hug the toilet bowl later on.
9. Truth or Drink
A truth or drink game is a game that is played between two people – it’s basically the popular truth or dare game, but this time, there are no dares – only drinks. Usually, one person is chosen to be the truth-teller and the other person is asked a question or given a dare. It is a great way to get to know someone better and is a fun way to get to know what your partner is really like.
The mechanics are very easy. You just have to ask a question to your partner and if he/she refuses to answer it, he/she must drink.
If you can’t think of any questions, you can buy a question deck where all questions in regards to knowing the other person are available. This is the perfect deck of cards for couples or friends who wants to make an interesting, thought-provoking and ask embarrassing questions to one another.
In order to have a healthy relationship, it is important to get to know each other. It would help if you got to know each other on a personal level and learn how to communicate. It would be best if you got to know each other’s likes and dislikes, as well as their strengths and weaknesses. It is also important to get to know each other’s values and morals – and you can do all that just by playing card drinking games perfect for two people.
Drinking card games can be pretty intense, so you’ll want to make sure you take a break and hydrate when you need to. You also have to keep in mind the mentioned games as those can be a great conversation starter and a fun way to take the edge off.